Thursday, September 1, 2016


Drive, holdup, friend (A tale of two for the taking)
By JC Nigado


download.jpgdownload.jpg
Drive, holdup, friend
It was to be, when one night
About minutes later than ten
He came to view, seeing
My short signal at the corner.

The street stopped, and I rode
The surprise cab, unsuspecting
What the big hour would bring,
When a couple of chancers crossed
In tentative first assess.

He’s looking good, I combed him
A thirtyish aspect, pushing hard
A smile almost to a grin,
When suddenly the wind blew
And I stammered a thought.

Was it a weary hunch,
A foreboding of Eros to come?
As the wheels swerved fast
From Magallanes, he drew a gun,
Declaring a cold intent on point.

At first flash I knew right --
It’s a policeman’s active arm,
And my head spun, afoot:
Was he legal on the loose?
Suspended or some, what fits?

Then, he gave a curt order:
Cash and cellphone, he briefed.
I assumed ease, amused, much
To his puzzle, brooding brows
And irked wet to a threat.

Hey! he waved the gun,
Without pointing, but angry
All the same; I was resigned
To ride out the storm, brewing
For a night of flirting suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment