Thursday, September 1, 2016


The trip back flowed silent dead,
Flying alive, both of us thinking
Calling nothing, but oblique looks
That could change the moment
In this tale of two for the taking.

I thanked him for such a night
And wished the driver God luck!
Good luck! he replied, as I graced
A hand to make him feel I was
Not taking it against him at all.

Days rofled on, and I got a call --
Glad he recalled my name on the phone,
But sad to hear him down and mad.
My comrade spied the taxi’s number
And dialed the owner, the breaker’s old man.

The license of the cab and the gun proved
To be a police colonel, around retiring.
The talk of the armed forces came
To cool; but the guy was frantic
Over his father’s nagging, with much ado.

I prayed my comrade to cease
From firing at a word, to plane
The situation. I gave back his money
And took mine, retracing the whole thing.
Thence, smooth facts turned out to roost.

Drive, holdup, friends
It now is, with feelings unheld;
He returned the old phone and wanted
To do the same with the money
That, at last, we took joy in a song.



A month later, Saturday, 26 March 2016
Tagurabong City, Philippines

Posted 6 months and 6 days to the Day
Thursday, 1 September 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment